Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Door

Pulling aside a curtain of misty twilight,

I pull on a silver door above me, and a silken ladder drops, raining down like colorful tears from heaven.

Stepping lightly, fearing that at any moment, I would be dropped into the now seemingly never-ending black oblivion,

I finally reach the top, then walk silently through a grey mist,

and across a white prism.

Unexpectedly, I have the sudden urge to run,

and,

as I gather speed, the white begins to blur into colors,

the colors into shapes,

and the shapes into beings.

Abruptly, my foot lands down on grey stone,

the surprise of gravity bringing me tumbling to the ground.

Gathering myself, I run to the waist high stone wall,

and look down.

My stomach lurches,

bleak cliffs fall into

the foamy inferno of the sea.

There is no sand,

only rock,

then ocean,

as far as the eye can see.

No comments: